OT 640 Debrief

Comments

  1. Lauren,
    It sounds like you learned a lot at your facility and I enjoyed hearing about your experience. I'm glad you were able to confidently perform MMT & ROM. I totally agree it was so intimidating when we were doing it over a year ago! Your CI is correct - you are naturally a people person and conversations just flow with you! You have a natural empathetic personality and I'm glad your CI noticed that and told you that.
    Also, TOTALLY agree about documentation & chart review! I enjoyed getting to hear a little about your fieldwork experience and I hope you have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,

    It sounds like you had a great experience during your last level 1 rotation! I'm so glad that you were able to see this setting because I do feel that you possess a lot of qualities needed in OTs in this level of care, like your FWE mentioned! I was in a LTAC facility which I feel has a very similar client population, except I was more able to focus on treatment sessions, whereas it sounds like you might have focused on evaluations. It really sounds like our previous aging course, OT641 really helped you during this FW rotation, and I can attest to that as well.

    I was excited to hear that your rose was your increased confidence in your MMT/ROM skills. I, too, felt very intimidated by these concepts during our classroom learning, but when in the field it feels so much more natural. Also, when you mentioned the difficulties you had with chart review, I am in complete agreement that this was a very hard obstacle to face everyday as well, because it took up so much of their time and energy. But, during this rotation I was able to really see the importance of doing the chart review, which has been highly enforced during our classroom learning, and it made it feel a little less stressful and more informative.

    Congratulations on finishing up your level 1 FW! Have a great summer!

    Morgan Petersen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lecture Reflection: Aging Adults and Sexual Health

Reflection: Mock Interview

Lecture Reflection: Aging Adults and Nutrition