Reflection: Mock Interview


When preparing for the mock interview, I first reviewed my resume and refreshed my memory on my various experiences, achievements, and goals. From there I practiced answering common interview questions and choosing what questions I would ask post interview.

Participating in the interview was helpful especially gaining practice in a low stakes setting and receiving constructive feedback. Something that I can improve on is making eye contact. The interviewer shared with me that initially I appeared to be looking “past her” but eventually began making eye contact as the interview progressed. Eye contact and body position is something I will continue to work on and stay more aware of. Although this wasn't mentioned, I also need to continue to stay aware of the rate of which I speak. I have a tendency to talk fast and have to work to slow down when I am answering interview questions. 

According to the interviewer, my answers to her questions were “spot on”. That was really encouraging! I felt prepared for the questions she asked but know there are a lot of questions I need to practice answering for future interviews. It helped that I felt more comfortable and relaxed than expected. I am thankful for our advanced professional development portfolio assignment, because I know it will really prepare me for future job interviews and networking opportunities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Certification Goals

"Myasthenia Gravis: Kristen's Story"